Dec 6, 2022
- CN Channel admins copy courses. This feature copies course settings, course About and Introduction, tasks/activities, GradeBook items and categories, instructor suggested discussion topics, course completion settings, badges, etc. https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/10878252669847
- Inactive student notification and message student features
- ePortfolio privacy setting user interface refinements with comprehensive visibility options for the entire ePortfolio (Public, CN users, My Institution, My Class, Instructors, Password Protected, Only Me) and allow CN Channel admin to preset default settings.
- For end-users: https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058134553
- For CN Channel admins: https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/10906100118167
- CN Channel>>Settings and Controls page refinements. Recategorized items to give admins a cleaner view of the items.
- Updated course roles and permissions
- Provide course roles and permissions settings table in CN Channel
- Developed content editor role in Pathway courses
- Enhance post display logic to avoid postings being accidentally hidden in post feeds
- Course public page UI refinements
- Course Payment feature updates
- Add Stripe as a new payment gateway
- Removed CN Coins. Users will purchase courses in dollars.https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009522754
Oct 31, 2022
- Instructor GradeBook enhancements. Loading times and navigation have been dramatically improved.
- CN now supports Latex equations in Rich Text editor and in all of the post and reflection forms https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/9937980420887
- Link to another activity in Pathway: https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/9940514528279
- Automate course copy, phase1: Refinements in CN Admin portal
- Add Stripe as a new payment gateway for CN Premium
- Added Pathway course Announcement features https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/9814736206743-Pathway-Announcements
- Support audio and video recording and drawing tool for Institution Showcase assessment https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001434633
- Campus public page UI refinements
Sep 29, 2022
- Updated link redirections from the assignment being graded notification emails: Pathway courses directly take students to the specific assignment activity; Classic courses take students to DropBox with the assignment filtered
- Do not automatically pop up Rumi for Rumi intro and all of the recommendation services on course and Network pages to reduce distraction and interruption. Only pop open announcements and course/Network related tips on course and Network pages
- Delete Pathway activities and lessons refinements: allow instructors to choose whether to delete associated content and maximize consistency across places.
- Add a new assignment completion setting – upon submission but still grade
- Pathway assignment re-submission related refinements
- Instructors (Channel user) email multiple courses from the general email button located on the Navigation bar
- Paste Without formatting button added on HTML editors on CN
- Users receive notifications after being added to a new course or Network group. https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/235456027-Course-Groups
- Enhanced image display in posts and reflections. We now show the scaled full images.
- Accessibility enhancements: alt tag for images in CN Emails
- DropBox refinements: auto loading and new filters
Aug 31, 2022
- CN ePortfolio Courses section refinements– list courses chronologically based on start date.
- A series of UI/UX refinements on Pathway activities that associate with a GradeBook item, making these activities and grade-related information clearer and stand out better. https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/8404657195031-GradeBook-Management-1
- When a student clicks a lesson in a Pathway course, it now displays the first activity instead of nothing.
- System now shows a warning when an activity is updated during editing, for example when two people are editing an activity at the same time.
- Instructors now have a more detailed explanation message when adding a Course Completion in a pathway course.
- Task and Pathway import/copy refinements. Instructors can keep the same due dates for copied GradeBook items:
- Continued Pathway LMS mobile refinements
- Rich Text editor refinements: apply consistent link style, added format paint tool, and fixed issues with tables.
- Make putting students into course/Network groups easier–support adding group members by email address
July 26, 2022
Support video and audio recording and the drawing tool for assignment feedback when the Pathway activity completion setting is upon submission or upon instructor approval.
Allow users to add up to 10 collaborators on each Showcase on their ePortfolio: https://support.thecn.com/hc/
Consolidated analytics graphs and provide a new student analytics dashboard for both Classic and Pathway LMS courses: https://support.thecn.com/hc/
Course instructors and designers can send out Pathway activity creation/update notifications to course members. This feature is only available in institution courses and paid personal courses: https://support.thecn.com/hc/
Pathway LMS is now easier to use on mobile, and has updates to both student and instructor view.
Closed Caption refinements, including the addition of an on/off button and the caption placement
June 30, 2022
- Pathway and ePortfolio accessibility refinements
- Fixed accessibility issues related to 200% text resizing
- More detailed error messages that explain how to fix inputs
- Improved screen reader navigation and readability for ePortfolio
- Closed Caption and transcript uploading for video captions
- Support alt tag on user uploaded images
- Allow copy lesson and activity in Pathway https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/7152575616151-Copy-Lesson-and-Activity-in-Pathway
- Allow instructors to manually mark a student's activity complete https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/7153471531543-Instructor-manually-marks-activity-complete-in-Pathway
- Add SCORM to Pathway as an activity type https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/7144433237015-SCORM-in-Pathway-LMS-courses
- Audio and video recording in Safari
May 31, 2022
- Support drawing tool on post, reflection, HTML editor, and assignment feedback
- Support audio and video recording in HTML editor and assignment feedback https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/6580791169943-Drawing-Tool-Video-Recorder-and-Audio-Recorder
- Anonymous posting
- Tutorial for Full CN: https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/6449980045335-Anonymous-Posting-on-Full-CN
- Tutorial for CN Post: https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/6457033320983-Anonymous-Postings-CN-Post-
- Add Calendar in Pathway courses https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003763893-Calendar-Tool
- Add Assignments and GradeBook related analytics to the Pathway instructor data dashboard https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/360051622533-Pathway-LMS-Course-Overview
- Updated post rating icons to make them more visually appealing
- Add user last visit time to CN Channel>>User Management>>Edit user information
- Pathway UI/UX refinements:
- Unpublish lessons and completely hide unpublished lessons and activities
- Give a unique URL to each Pathway activity (via unique activity URL)
- Preview quiz -> edit view bug
- Pin “Edit/Student View” navigation on top
- Keep all assignment submission forms (based on activity completion settings) consistent
- Add New Activity/Lesson under the current one
- Fix format issues when copying and pasting content from Google Doc to CN Rich Text Editor
- Open PDF, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel files in the CN File Previewer from Pathway activities
- Accessibility refinements
- Accessibility refinements for ePortfolio including improved screen reader navigation and HTML structure.
- Fixed all contrast issues with text and visible element contrast
April 30th, 2022
- Add LTI Tool as a new Pathway activity https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/5895522270743
- Support audio recording on posts and reflections
- Support multimedia embed on reflections
- Pathway lessons can now be collapsed and expanded for easier organization and navigation
- Pathway student view refinements: Students now see more details about graded assignments on an activity
- Allow instructors to create new quizzes during the process of quiz activity creation
- Allow instructors to link to unpublished quizzes from Pathway quiz activity
- Allow instructors to edit an activity directly from student view
- Removed Syllabus from Pathway course left menu to eliminate confusion and distraction from the course path. Instructors can share course syllabus through an activity.
- Pathway accessibility refinements
April 15th, 2022
- Lesson-based Pathway import https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053681614
- Grade student submitted posts and polls in Pathway courses https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/5475046419607
- Change simple text editor for activity descriptions/instructions to HTML editor
- Allow instructors to directly edit connected GradeBook item from assignment activities https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/5176989820183
- LTI tool configuration form refinements in CN Channel
- “Who is live on CN” ePortfolio display webpage
April 2nd, 2022
- Support assignments and GradeBook in Pathway course now: https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/5176989820183
- CN Channel admins can award certificates using their own templates now. This is how it works: https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/4478402117271
CN Team provides full services in using this advanced feature. If your institution is interested, please contact us.
- Allow publish/unpublish Pathway activities https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/5224345641623
- Open post form on the Pathway page instead of a pop-up form that blocks the content at the back
- Improve data display on student quiz response export. The exported Excel data is easier to view and analyze now. https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403912846999
- Support folder structure for managing course question banks
- Improved new user onboarding experience. New users will have less distraction when visiting CN for the first time.
- Improved Pathway accessibility refinements for keyboard and screen reader users.
January 18th, 2022
- New Assignments tool for both instructors and students https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/4419603803415
- New Instructor course data dashboard. It can be accessed from the Analytics tab on the course menu in both Classic and Pathway LMS.
- File size changes. Details can be found on this article: https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/4416860290711
- Premium account price changes. Details can be found on this article https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016559973
- Improved the UI and UX of CN Channel admin “login as” another Channel account https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/4419515935255
- Improved CN Channel>>Reports & Analytics tab UI: https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033217734
- Updated Files and Gradebook icons on the left menu of Classic Courses
- Add Glassdoor to the job search feature on ePortfolio and to Rumi Job Recommendations