If your course design follows a template that repeats certain components, you may find the Copy Lesson and Copy Activity features handy. Below is how these features work.
If you need to copy an entire lesson or an activity, click the gear icon next to the lesson or activity. Then, select Copy Lesson
or Copy Activity
The system will then show you a list of important logic:
- The copied lesson/activity will be placed under the current lesson/activity. It can be moved to an ideal location later.
- In a CN course, each GradeBook item needs a unique name. If the copied lesson/activity connects to GradeBook items, you will need to update the names of the copied GradeBook items in the next step.
- If the course has an end date, it will be used as the default due date for copied GradeBook items. The dates can be modified in the next step or from Quizzes or GradeBook later.
- If the copied lesson/activity connects to posts, the visibility settings of copied posts will stay the same.
Once you proceed,
- if the current lesson or activity doesn't connect to any GradeBook items, the copied lesson or activity will immediately appear on the course path.
- if the current lesson or activity connects to any GradeBook items, you will see the pop-up window below. You will need to give the copied GradeBook items a unique name and verify their due date. Once done, click "Copy". You will find the copied lesson or activity on the course path.