You can add showcases to your CN ePortfolio to demonstrate your work samples, achievements, and skills in detail.
Here are a few ideas:
- Add a showcase, add photos and describe your extra-curriculum activities, such as community service, summer camp, internship.
- Add a showcase to demonstrate your coursework. For example, create a showcase and name it Literature 305, write about what you have learned in this course, and attach assignments and course project files. Or, you may only present one major course project and add collaborators through a showcase. Create showcases for all core courses to give a comprehensive view of your academic accomplishments.
- Add a showcase to present your skills and competencies that potential employers are looking for. For example, create a showcase and name it “Web Design”. Then write about your web design skills and projects, and support your points by attaching work samples, such as design files, links to the websites you created, etc.
Create A New Showcase
Adding a showcase to your CN ePortfolio is very easy:
First, go to the "Showcases" section. Click + Add New Showcase.
After clicking + Add New Showcase, you can create a showcase summary card. On this card, enter the title of the showcase, a summary of the showcase, and upload a cover image.
To upload a cover image, click on the camera icon. It will open the standard CN file uploader so that you can upload an image.
After uploading your image, you’ll be able to crop it. Use the blue bounding box to select the area of the image you wish to show. Then use the four buttons at the bottom to zoom in and out and rotate the image left and right. Once you’re finished editing the image, click on the UPLOAD PICTURE button.
You should now see the cover photo on the showcase summary card. Next, you can click on + Enter Showcase Title to enter the title.
Then click on + Enter a short summary to type out a short description for this showcase.
Once you are completely finished with creating the showcase summary card, click on Save.
If you only wish to build the showcase summary card, you can stop here. You can always come back and build the full showcase at a later time. To begin building the rest of your showcase, click on Add Detailed Showcase Section.
You will be taken to this form to begin building the details of your showcase.
1. Use this simple text editor to write about your projects, skills, and accomplishments. If you need advanced formatting options, such as bolding text and embedding images and files, click "Switch to Rich Text Editor" from the top-right. Read this article for more detail: Create advanced showcases using rich text editor.
2. You may add files, images, and videos as attachments towards the bottom of the showcase.
3. If you are documenting a project and there are collaborators on the project, you can add up to 10 of them. The collaborators with a CN account will receive a notification to view and endorse your Showcase. Please note that only institution users and Premium CN users can add collaborators.
4. Add skills that are demonstrated in this showcase. These skills will be automatically added to the Skills section of your ePortfolio and help viewers of your ePortfolio filter relevant artifacts.
5. For each new showcase, a post is automatically created on CN Home page to invite your followers and users with similar skills and academic interests to view this showcase. If you don't want this post to be generated, uncheck the box in the bottom-right corner.
Once you have completed anything, Submit the showcase.
Edit an Existing Showcase
After a showcase is created, you can edit the summary card from the icons on the top. These icons are shown when you hover over the color/image area. By clicking anywhere on the summary card, you will be directly taken to the detailed showcase section.
You can make edits, remove, copy the showcase URL, and adjust its visibility settings from the upper-right corner of the section.
If you need to submit your showcase for an assignment, you can click on the link icon to copy the URL of your showcase for submission.
Open/Close Detailed Showcase Sections
In the upper-right corner of the Showcases section, you can use the setting to control if a detailed Showcase section is open or closed by default. If the box is checked, the detailed Showcase sections will open by default. If the box is unchecked, the detailed Showcase sections will not open until its summary card is clicked. This logic applies to both you and your ePortfolio viewers.
Note: this feature is released May 10, 2021. ePortfolios created before this date has the box checked to be consistent with the old logic. New ePortfolios created after this date have the box unchecked to keep the page simple.
Related Article: to reorder ePortfolio sections, please read ePortfolio Menu.
Please sign in to leave a comment.