The Import Pathway feature allows Pathway LMS course instructors to import the entire course path from one course into another. This feature is available in both personal and institutional Pathway LMS courses.
There are a few key points about Importing a Pathway course:
- To import pathway content to an existing course that already has lessons and activities, you will have to remove the existing lessons and activities before the import. This means you can only import a course path to an empty course.
- The entire course path (including Course Introduction, all of the lessons and activities, and lesson completion badges) will be imported. You are not able to import only a part of the course path.
- Course About will NOT be imported. You will need to provide the information.
- Course completion settings, including course completion badge and certificate, will NOT be imported. You need to reset them in this new course.
- If this course has a due date, it will be used as the default due date for imported quizzes. The quiz due date can be modified in the next step or from the Quizzes page.
- If a linked post is visible to Course Groups, This Course and Global Class, This Course and My Other Courses, or Only Me, its visibility will automatically change to This Course after it is imported.
STEP 1: On the home page of a the new Pathway course, click the blue button +Import Pathway in the upper left corner.
Note: if your new course already has lessons and activities, you will be prompted to remove these content before proceeding to STEP 2. You can either remove these content yourself or have CN do it for you.
STEP 2: Select the Pathway course you would like to import the course path from. Please note that you must be an instructor of this course to see it on the selection list.
After selecting a course, click IMPORT
STEP 3: If the imported course path contains quizzes, the system will prompt you to review or modify the imported quizzes' names and due dates.
After reviewing and correcting all the quiz information, click COMPLETE IMPORT.
STEP 4: Now, you should see the entire imported course path in the new course! If you need to make modifications to the new course, such as edit, remove, or add a lesson or activity, you can do it now.
STEP 5: Remember to set up course completion since this part is not included in the import.
Also, remember to edit Basic Course Settings, making sure the basic course information is complete and correct. You will need to enter About Course if you haven't done so because this part is also not included in the import.
If you have any questions regarding import pathway, feel free to contact email@example.com.