The easiest way for instructors to copy course content and activities is through "import tasks". If you use the Task tool and choose to link to various internal and external resources and activities from certain tasks, you can simply follow the steps below to copy the majority of course content:
STEP1: Go to the new course. Please note that in order to import tasks, you must be the instructor of both the old and the new courses.
STEP2: Click on “Import Tasks”. You can click the “Import Tasks” option from the Tasks gear icon drop-down or the blue +IMPORT TASKS button (as long as you have never created or imported tasks in your new course). The “Import Tasks” option from the Tasks gear icon is always available. This means you can import tasks anytime.
STEP3: On the Import Tasks pop-up window:
- Select the course you would like to import tasks from
- Select the tasks you would like to import
- Decide if you want to import connected content and activities. By default the two checkboxes are checked.
Once done, click the blue IMPORT TASKS button at the bottom.
STEP4: If there are connected GradeBook items, you will see the below pop-up window. By default, the end date of the new course will be used as the due date of all the imported assignments. You can edit the due date and assignment title on this pop-up window. You can also skip the editing in this step and do it from the GradeBook later. Once you have finished, click the blue COMPLETE IMPORT button.
After a few seconds, all of the imported tasks will appear in the new course!
Please be aware of the following:
- If you have set Course Completion Conditions, the conditions will NOT be imported and need to be reset in the new course. You need to set it up after task import.
- If a task is visible to Course Groups, after it is imported, its visibility will automatically change to This Course.
- If a post is visible to Course Groups, This Course and Global Class, This Course and My Other Courses or Only Me, after it is imported along with its linked task, its visibility will automatically change to This Course.
- Content and settings that are not linked to Tasks will not be copied, such as instructor suggested hashtags, Anar Seeds settings, Files, etc. You need to import or set up these items separately.
- Licensed institutions may contact email@example.com for support if you have specific course copy requirements or need to copy a large number of courses.