The course roster (or "Members") is a fundamental feature in courses and Networks. It contains participation data and course/Network member control options.
In CN, the roster is available to both instructors and students. It can be accessed from the left course menu.
The course Roster table lists every course member. Clicking their name or profile picture will take you to their CN ePortfolio. There are also columns for posts and reflections in the course, last course visit, course badges, course completion percentage (if course completion has been set up), course Anar Seeds, and account management options. In addition:
1. The search box in the upper-left corner finds course members by name, CN Number, or email address.
2. The arrows left to each column name sort course members in both ascendent and descendent orders. By default, Roster is sorted based on Anar Seeds, from most to least seeds.
3. The Anar Seeds "details" link presents a user's activity-based Anar Seeds and weekly Anar Seeds gains.
The instructor Roster looks similar to the student one. In addition to the features available to students, instructors can also:
1. Invite course members and combine courses
2. Modify Roster Settings (see details below). Export the entire Roster and export weekly Anar Seeds data.
3. Message students based on various participation criteria.
4. From the gear icon on each user's entry, instructors may change their course roles and permissions or remove them from the course.
In each CN course, instructors can manage Roster Settings from the top-right.
There are several sorting, display, and privacy options for instructors to use. Most of these options control what students can access on the page.
Below is what a student Roster looks like after all of the Roster Settings options are checked. Here, this student, JH198, can no longer sort the table or view others' data on Last Visit, Course Completion, and Anar Seeds.
Please sign in to leave a comment.