Learning analytics give instructors insights into student engagement and performance. CN provides various learning analytics to assist instructors in making informed instructional decisions.
For each learning activity, based on the activity completion setting, CN tracks and displays the completion data. Instructors can click the number link next to each activity to know who has completed the activity and who has not.
Instructors can search a student to view their data. If the activity needs to be marked complete manually for a student, they can do it from the gray check mark.
Course Completions and Participation Data on Roster
Instructors can visit the course Roster from the left Menu. On the roster, there are participation data, such as the number of posts and reflections, last visits, badges, and course Anar Seeds. There is also the course completion data. The table can be sorted using each data.
In the upper-right corner, instructors can also export the roster into a CSV file and export a very detailed course completion report.
Course Analytics Dashboard
The Analytics dashboard offers comprehensive and easy-to-view data reports. It can be accessed from the left course Menu.
The instructor dashboard includes the following specific analytics:
1. Course information
2. Discussion topics Word Cloud
When a course has more than 5 used hashtags, the Discussion Topics analytics turn from keyword-based to hashtag-based, displaying up to 15 most used hashtags with the most used hashtags in bigger sizes. You can hover over a hashtag to view its top users.
3. Activities Analytics that compares a specific course member with the course average on an hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly basis
4. Grade analysis if a course uses GradeBook
5-8. various course member analytics
5. Most Active Students: The top 20% of students of the entire course (excluding the ones who have never visited the course) based on the course Anar Seeds, but with a maximum of 30 students.
6. Top Performing Students: The top 20% of students of the entire course (excluding the ones who receive 0% course grade) based on Course Grade, but with a maximum of 30 students.
9. Lesson completion data - a detailed report CSV file can be downloaded from the top-right corner
10. Assignments analytics
The student dashboard presents data relevant to the current student.
Besides being part of the Grade Analytics on the course analytics dashboard, quiz analytics can be found on the Quizzes page>>the pie chart icon.
CN also allows instructors to download student responses to each quiz question in a CSV file. This feature can be found on the Quizzes page>>the download icon.
The CN Poll feature automatically generates pie charts for answers to close-ended questions and word-could graphs for short answer questions. In addition to these visual analytics, if instructors need poll results for further analysis, the data can be exported into a CSV file from the poll settings dropdown>>Export Poll Results.
If you need additional course data or have suggestions for the CN R&D team, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.