A unique feature on the CN ePortfolio is certified artifacts. CN is capable of certifying basic user status, artifacts, relationships, and experiences through its LMS functionalities, the information provided by licensed institutions, and integration with institutions' LMS and SIS systems. CN Admins can also push certified transcripts to student ePortfolios. The certified artifacts prove the authenticity of student work and enhance the credibility of an ePortfolio. This certification capability distinguishes CN from other ePortfolio and professional profile platforms, such as LinkedIn.
What does CN ePortfolio certify?
CN certifies a series of information and evidence on a user's ePortfolio. Below is a current list, but as CN ePortfolio continues to be developed, more certified artifacts will be added. On each certified item, there is a green checkmark icon.
1. Certified institution logo
If a licensed institution uploads an institution logo (via CN Channel), when an institution user account is created, the certified institution logo will be automatically added at the top of the user's ePortfolio.
2. Institution user
If a CN user account is created by a licensed institution or is associated with a .edu email address, the account is certified as an institutional account. The green checkmark appears next to the user's name on the top of the ePortfolio.
3. Certified badges
If a badge is awarded by a licensed institution or an instructor of an institution course, the badge is certified.
4. Files that are uploaded by a licensed institution (such as certificates and transcripts) or uploaded from an institution course (such as assignment files) are certified.
5. Endorsements given by instructors and classmates of an institution course are certified.
6. Recommendations given by instructors and classmates of an institution course are certified.
7. Institution courses that are created on CN are certified. These courses are added by ePortfolio owners in the courses section.
Certifed items total count
At the top of an ePortfolio, under the user's profile picture, there is a total number count of all of the certified items on that specific ePortfolio. Clicking it, you can view a breakdown of the details.