Although institutions can encourage students to sign up for a free CN account and build their ePortfolio, the following features and services will not be available to students and institutions under free accounts. The following features and services are only available to licensed institutions and their users:
Features available to individual users of a licensed institution:
- Upload large files up to 200MB/file (this may vary if an institution purchased a larger file size). If a user is not a member of a licensed institution, they can only upload files up to 10MB/file.
- Upload files directly from Google Drive, DropBox, and other cloud storage apps
- Record short videos and audios on CN
- Use CN email features
- Get official 'verified' status on artifacts and experiences
- Use format templates for Showcases
- Create versions of their ePortfolio (already created versions will remain)
- Indicate collaborators on Showcases on ePortfolio.
- View the complete list of Portfolio visitors, including prospective employers
- Job application tracking
- Custom print ePortfolio
- Hide Anar Seeds number on ePortfolio and mini profile card
Features available to licensed institutions:
- Unlimited number of courses with unlimited course members
- Integration with LMS (Canvas, Moodle, D2L, etc.), Student Information System, and job portal (Simplicity, Handshake, etc.)
- Access to the institution’s CN admin panel, which includes many admin features: user management, branding and customizations, institution-wide reports and analytics
- Award institution badges, certificates, and transcripts. This typically requires licensing separate products from other vendors. CN offers these as a component of the ePortfolio license.
- Create institution-level Showcase templates and conduct assessments on these artifacts
- Recommend skills and competencies to students
- Access to institution-wide networking opportunities and course-level social discussion features This typically requires licensing a separate product with competitors. CN offers it as a component of the ePortfolio license
- Receive an Institution Gateway Page (created per request) for branding, member login, and search portfolios based on skills and artifacts
- A dedicated account manager to ensure satisfaction and success
- Technology and implementation consulting and support from the CN team
- User reports and institution requests receive higher priority in CN Helpdesk
- Receive the earliest product updates
- Additional user orientation webinars or training workshops
- Participate in the CN R&D process, give feedback to the CN development team, and join education technology collaboration through CN's R&D laboratory, IUPUI CyberLab
- Request CN to query custom institution data if it is not already provided via the CN admin panel
- Support in the creation and/or customization of instructional materials, such as assignment templates and on-campus marketing resources
If your institution has any questions regarding licensing CN, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.