On Jan 30, 2019, we rolled out the exciting CN Premium Account. Every CN user has the opportunity to upgrade their regular CN account to a Premium account.
Features and services the Premium Account offers:
- Premium members' CN ePortfolio receives a higher ranking in the CN Member search results. This provides high visibility for networking and employment.
- Upload large files up to 1GB/file (right now it is 10MB/file for free public users and 200MB/file for most of the institution users).
- Record short videos and audio files using the CN video and audio recorders in posts and other tools.
- Use the CN drawing tool.
- Upload files from Google Drive, DropBox, and other cloud storage services.
- Use the CN Mail system. Premium members will be able to contact others from within CN directly. This includes but is not limited to course invitation emails and recommendation invitation emails.
- Use layout templates to guide the format of Showcases on ePortfolio.
- Add collaborators on Showcases on ePortfolio.
- View the complete list of Portfolio visitors, including prospective employers.
- Job application tracking, create different versions of your ePortfolio, export custom ePortfolio, and more.
- Hide Anar Seeds number on ePortfolio and mini profile card.
- Receive a discount for premium membership renewal.
Note: the following Premium features are already available to institution users: record short videos and audio files using the CN video and audio recorders, Use the CN drawing tool, upload files from Google Drive and other cloud storage services, use the CN Mail system, add collaborators on Showcases, create versions of ePortfolio, and access Showcase layout templates (ePortfolio licensing institutions only).
The regular price of the CN Premium Account is $9/month at this stage. The minimum membership period is 12 months, so you will need to pay $108 to upgrade your account for a full year. Understanding that this could be a big amount for students and educators, we often apply a discount to this regular price. In addition, when current premium users renew their membership prior to the expiration date, we give them another 20% discount.
Please also note that 1. additional tax and fees may apply during checkout. 2. cancellation of the Premium Membership is not supported. The Premium membership fee is non-refundable.
1. You can upgrade your CN account from multiple places. Below are a few examples:
- Click the gray crown icon next to your profile picture
- When you check who has viewed your ePortfolio:
- When you want to print/export a customized version of your ePortfolio
- When you want to view the detailed ePortfolio visitor tracking data (what they have exactly viewed on your ePortfolio):
- When you use the CN video recorder
- When you try to upload a large file, upload a file from Google Drive, or send a CN system email, you will see a prompt similar to the one below:
- When you try to apply a layout template to a Showcase on your ePortfolio:
2. Once you decide to become a Premium member, you will be taken to this payment page:
3. You can choose to pay via PayPal or a bank card. Both payment methods are secure and easy to follow.
*If you need someone else to help with the payment, click the gray "OR Ask somebody else to pay" button, then copy and share the URL.
You are now a CN Premium member!
After the transaction is completed, you will be taken back to CN. After a few seconds, the crown icon next to your profile picture will appear gold. It indicates that you are already a CN Premium user. You now have access to all of the Premium features and services!
Note: Sometimes, it may take 30 seconds to a few minutes for your account status to be updated. Please wait a little bit and refresh the page. If you still don't see the status change, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.