Skill Community Based Post Feed:
The CN Post Feed promotes discussion based on users' skills and academic interests. Any skills you’ve added on your ePortfolio are now communities you can post to from the home page.
Note: When you add skills to your ePortfolio, the skill community will be added to your home page. However, if you add a new community to your home page, it will not be added to the Skills section on your ePortfolio.
View Posts, Members, Credentials, and Jobs of a Specific Community:
You can click on a community tag on your homepage to view posts from that community.
When you click on a community tag, three new links will appear above the post feed.
- Members: This shows you who the other members are from the selected community.
- Credential Engine: This will open Credential Engine in a new tab, which will find relevant credentials and certifications that you may be interested in obtaining.
- Indeed: This will open Indeed in a new tab and show you job postings that relate to the selected community.
Post to a Community:
With a community selected, you can easily post to that community. You create a post, poll or event, it will automatically be posted to the selected community. You may also choose to post to even more communities from the “Select Post Visibility” button.
Add and Edit Community Tags:
To join communities, click on the “+ Join Communities” link. A new field will appear where you can add your skill.
To edit communities, click on the “Edit” link.
- Click on the "eye" icon next to networks to hide it from this list
- You can click the “X” icon next to a community to remove it. If the community you remove is a skill you also have on your ePortfolio, removing the community will NOT remove the skill from your ePortfolio.
- You can drag and drop communities to rearrange the order.
- Make sure to click SAVE to save your changes.
To edit what content appears in your Home Feed, click on Home Feed Settings.
Use the checkboxes to select what content appears in your Home Feed. By default, all items on the list are selected. If you don't want to see Course content on your home feed, for example, you can uncheck it and click Save.
After changing the content shown in your post feed, your new settings will be applied and you will only see the selected content. You can change your selection at any time by going back to Home Feed Settings.
If you have any questions and feedback regarding the new homepage post feed, please email email@example.com. We would like to hear from you!
Please sign in to leave a comment.