Dec 31, 2020
- Security and Privacy Check-up feature has received updates and visual refinements: https://support.thecn.com/hc/
- ePortfolio Analytics have been updated to include new filters and reporting: https://support.thecn.com/hc/
- Rumi is now available in courses for those who are a member of the Rumi Beta.
- Rumi Announcements have been added to CN for testing during the Rumi Beta.
Nov 18, 2020
Release Rumi Beta--Rumi is an AI (Artificial Intelligence) based digital personal assistant. It recommends academic communities, jobs, teaching and learning tips to end-users based on their CN profile, activities, and personal preferences. This Beta release is the result of five years of R&D at the IUPUI CyberLab. CN invites users who are interested in testing Rumi and providing feedback to join the Rumi Tester and Collaborator Network. View Press Release for detail: https://www.thecn.com/static/
Added two new settings to Institution Created Showcases: disable endorsements and hide Showcase
Allow instructors to reorder quiz questions
CN Channel expiration logic review and refinements
Allow users to request account data export (as part of the GDPR security requirements)
Deprecated official support with Credly badge system
Fixed the view CN ePortfolio in Canvas SpeedGrader bug.
Sep 30, 2020
- Removed BBB. The New ClassCast will leverage integration with Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and Google Meet https://support.thecn.
- Added hashtag analytics to courses and Network—Course instructors and Network moderators can export an Excel sheet to see what hashtags a user has used. Please refer to the last part of this article: https://support.thecn.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007945954-Course-Analytics
- Pathway LMS course completion analytics refinements—a detailed completion percentage (such as 0%, 50%, or 95%) has replaced the general term “Incomplete”
- Pathway course secondary page URL refinements—Each page (such as Post Feed, Badges, Roster, etc) now has a unique URL
- Added Network Analytics to CN Channel>Reports and Analytics
- Continued accessibility improvements on Home page, course creation, menus and CN Post
- Updated the design of Network public pages
- Added an ePortfolio orientation guide for all users—users can click it to follow the step-by-step ePortfolio building tutorial
- CN LTI link account refinement
Sep 11, 2020
- Sign up and sign in design and logic update—public users do not need to verify their account immediately. But they have to verify their email address within 24 hours. Institution users only experience new form designs, no procedure changes to them.
- Reflection display logic update—show current users’ reflections by default
- Reflection attachment refinement—allow click and display videos, images, and files
- Repost design refinements--emphasize the original post if a repost doesn't have a comment
- Course and Network Group Email refinements--fix the email notification bug reported by Malaysian users
- Add group post pages to Network
- User-uploaded video refinements—prefer MP4 files. If uploading non-MP4 files, cannot be bigger than 50MB.
- CN Post and full CN Home accessibility refinements
- Institution uploaded transcripts will be automatically added to the About section instead of the Documents section anymore.
- CN Channel>>Network Management table refinements
- Support import Pathway (copy the entire course path from an existing Pathway course to a new Pathway course)
Aug 21, 2020
- CN Post Accessibility Refinements
- Simplified course creation process for new users
- Updated ClassCast to support Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Meet
- Add Zoom links to posts
- Add group post feeds to Networks
Jul 14, 2020
- Released new course type: Pathway LMS Course
- Named the existing course type: Classic LMS Course
- Added Course Completions analytics to course Analytics
- Released the new CN website
- Users can request recommendations from their CN ePortfolio
- Added “Experience” as an optional section on ePortfolio
- Added “New Section”(blank section) as an optional section on ePortfolio
Feb 25, 2020
- Count of Certified Items on ePortfolio
- Course Completion refinements
- Institution suggested showcase refinements
- Post attachment button refinements
- Give endorsements without creating an account
- Post display spacing and alignment adjustments
- v5 CN Post