Our security check-up tool is a way for users to view all of their activity and content settings on CN. If you have any questions about CN security, please view our Security article.
To access the security tool, you must have an account with CN and be logged in. Once you've logged in, you can access the tool from the gear icon on the universal navigation bar.
You may also request a copy of your CourseNetworking data. After you send the request, it will be sent to your email address.
STEP1: Click the gear icon, then click on "Security and Privacy"
STEP2: Click "Start Checkup" or "Request Data"
If you request your data, you will receive a confirmation and your data will be emailed to you.
If you begin your Security Checkup, navigate through the following sections to view your account information, content, activity, privacy settings and more.
1. Account Security allows users to see which emails CN has for your account and gives them the opportunity to remove emails. Users can also change their primary email, update passwords and see login information.
2. Profile Privacy allows users to hide their ePortfolio from search engines both inside and outside of the CN website. It also allows users to remain anonymous when viewing other users' ePortfolios on CN.
3. ePortfolio Visibility allows users to view content on their ePortfolio and edit the visibility settings for each piece of content.
4. Social Activities provides users with information on where to find all of their activity on CN at which point they can view and/or delete any data they seem fit.
5. A summary shows users which parts of the checkup tool they have completed. Select finish once the checkup is complete. Users may go back and make changes at any time.
Please note that most of the settings on this security check-up tool can be found and accomplished from other places, such as user profile page/ePortfolio and specific setting options. No matter where you make the changes, other places will be updated as well.