Build Your CN ePortfolio Step-by-Step Guide
Step 1: Build the ePortfolio Header
- Add a profile
- Add a cover image
- Add a headline
- Add institution logos to your Visual Resume
Step 2: Complete the About Me Section
- Compose a self-introduction. You may include academic objectives, career objectives, interests, hobbies, etc.
- Edit Basic Information
- Edit Internship/Tutoring (optional)
Step 3: Add Skills
- You can tag these skills in your documents, folders and Showcases.
- Network with others who have the same skills.
Step 4: Upload Documents
- Such as your resume, transcript, certificates, assignment files, videos, PowerPoints, writing samples, images of artwork, etc.
- You may create folders to organize your documents
- Each document and folder has its own unique visibility setting.
For example, you can choose “Password Protect” for your transcript and set up a password, then only share this password with people whom you would allow to view this document.
Step 5: Create Showcases
- Create Showcases to document and demonstrate your experiences and accomplishments in details.
- You can embed images, videos, and documents in the detailed Showcase section.
- You may create Showcases to show evidence of your specific skills, course projects, field trips, summer camps, community service experiences, etc.
Step 6: Add Additional Sections
- Add more sections to your ePortfolio, such as Expertise, Courses, and Research.
- Please note if you don't have content in a section, don't worry. When others view your ePortfolio, they don't see empty sections.
Step 7: Your ePortfolio URL
- You can find your ePortfolio from the browser URL bar or the header of your ePortfolio. It is putting your CN ID at the end of "thecn.com/".
- You can share this URL with your parents, friends, potential employers and college admission officers.
If you ever need support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org