Build Your CN ePortfolio Step-by-Step Guide
Step 1: Build the ePortfolio Header
- Add a profile
- Add a cover image
- Add a headline
- Add institution logos to your Visual Resume
Step 2: Complete the About Me Section
- Compose a self-introduction. You may include academic objectives, career objectives, interests, hobbies, etc.
- Edit Basic Information
- Edit Internship/Tutoring (optional)
Step 3: Add Skills
- You can tag these skills in your documents, folders and Showcases.
- Network with others who have the same skills.
Step 4: Upload Documents
- Such as your resume, transcript, certificates, assignment files, videos, PowerPoints, writing samples, images of artwork, etc.
- You may create folders to organize your documents
Each document and folder has its own unique visibility setting. For example, you can choose “Password Protect” for your transcript and set up a password, then only share this password with people whom you would allow to view this document.
Step 5: Create Showcases
- Create Showcases to document and demonstrate your experiences and accomplishments in detail
- You can embed images, videos, and documents in the detailed Showcase section.
- You may create Showcases to show evidence of your specific skills, course projects, field trips, summer camps, community service experiences, etc.
Step 6: Add Additional Sections
- Add more sections to your ePortfolio, such as Expertise, Courses, and Research.
- Please note if you don't have content in a section, don't worry. When others view your ePortfolio, they don't see empty sections.
Step 7: Your ePortfolio URL
- You can find your ePortfolio from the browser URL bar or the header of your ePortfolio. It is putting your CN ID at the end of "thecn.com/".
- You can share this URL with your parents, friends, potential employers, and college admission officers.
Optional: Advanced ePortfolio Features
- On the top left side of your ePortfolio, you have access to a series of advanced features. You can:
- reorder ePortfolio sections by editing the ePortfolio Menu,
- explore jobs in your study area and geographic location,
- curate different versions of your ePortfolio and share them with specific organizations and track their visit,
- find your archived content,
- print out your ePortfolio and bring it to a presentation or an interview!
If you ever need support, please contact email@example.com