1. CN Post is an IMS certified LTI tool. It uses the OAuth method to transfer users from learning management system to CN (Single-Sign-On).
2. All of the communications and data transmissions between CN servers and other tools or web browsers are done through HTTPS. Also, our database backups are encrypted with enterprise-grade encryption. Therefore, our data is encrypted during transmission and rest.
3. Our master-slave database hierarchy increases availability and security in the case of server failure. The whole database set is behind a secure private network which is only accessible from our API server.
4. Our servers are hosted on Amazon Web Services, and they are physically secure.
5. The CN development team keeps the infrastructure of the software up-to-date to avoid security issues in operating systems and third-party components.
For more information on CN security, view the Security article