CN licensed institutions may want to add external tools (via LTI--Learning Tools Interoperability) to their courses for instructors and students to use. Once you have obtained the the LTI tool integration credentials and instructions, please access your CN Channel>>Integration>>External Tools, to either add a new external tool (see 1 in the screenshot below) or edit an existing tool (see 2 in the screenshot below).
Note: CN has added Turnitin and Zoom. For this two tools, you will only need to click the pencil icon to complete the integration form.
When adding or editing an external tool, you will need to enter the following required information:
1. Name of the tool. The name you entered will appear to instructors and students.
2. Consumer Key (obtained from the tool provider)
3. Shared Secret (obtained from the tool provider)
4. URL (obtained from the tool provider)
Note, in most of the cases, you can choose "Public" for Privacy. But, if you are not sure, please double check with the tool provider.
The bottom section of the form has "Tool Location". You will need to indicate where you want the tool to appear. We provide two location options:
- Assignment and Activity. When instructors create an External Tool assignment, they will be able to select this tool to use. They will also be able to launch this tool from Task tool in Classic LMS or the External Tool activity type in Pathway LMS. You may also select add the tool to all or only some selected courses.
- Course Menu: This LTI tool will be able to be accessed from the left-side course menu by instructors and students. You may also select add the tool to all or only some selected courses.
If the tool needs further configuration at course level(such as adding a unique URL to a quiz), check the last box then you configure the tool in given courses or guide instructors to do so.
If you have you have any questions or need assistance configuring external tools for your institution, feel free to contact the CN Team.