Instructors can copy an existing Pathway LMS course through "Import Activities".
Important logic to keep in mind before importing activities:
- You must be an instructor of both the original and the new courses to import activities.
- Contents that are not linked to activities will not be copied, such as instructor suggested hashtags and GradeBook items that are not connected to any activities. You need to import or set up these items separately.
- If the original and new courses both belong to the same CN Channel (institution) or both are personal courses, you will have the option to copy course completion settings. Otherwise, the course completion settings will not be copied.
- You will be given the option to import the course About and Introduction if the new course doesn't have them filled out yet.
- You will be given the opinion to import GradeBook categories only when the new course does not have any GradeBook items yet.
- If the imported activities have GradeBook items associated with them, you can choose to keep the same due dates or use the new course's end date as the due date.
- If a linked post is visible to Course Groups, This Course and Global Class, This Course and My Other Courses, or Only Me, its visibility will automatically change to This Course after it is imported.
- The imported activities will be placed at the bottom of the course path after import. They can be moved to ideal locations.
- Institution admins have access to a more efficient course copy feature. If your institution licenses CN and you need assistance, please reach out to your institution's CN admin.
Steps of importing activities:
STEP 1: On the home page of the new Pathway course, click the blue button +Import Activities in the upper left corner. You may begin with an empty course or a course already has some activities.
STEP 2: On the Import Activities pop-up window:
- 1. Select the course you would like to import activities from
- 2. Select the lessons you would like to import. You may check one, multiple, or all of the lessons.
- 3. Review Import Settings. By default, all of the boxes are checked. If you do not want to import any items, make sure to uncheck the boxes.
Once done, click the blue Import button at the bottom.
STEP 3: If any GradeBook items are to be imported, you will see the pop-up window below. The new assignment due dates will use either the existing due dates or the new course's end date, chosen in the previous step. You can edit each due date and assignment title on this pop-up window. You can also skip this step and make the edits from GradeBook later. Once you have finished, click the blue Complete Import button.
Now, you should see the imported lessons being added at the bottom of your course path! If you need to make modifications such as edit, delete activities, move items up and down, or add a lesson or activity, you can do so from the gear icon next to the title of each lesson and activity.
You may repeat STEP 1-3 to import lessons from another course!
After importing activities:
Since Import Activities does not copy everything. After the import, we recommend checking the following things in the new course:
- Review Basic Course Settings and other course settings to make sure they fit the new course.
- Review the Course Introduction Message to make sure it has been filled out.
- Populate contents that are not linked to activities, such as instructor suggested hashtags and GradeBook items that are not connected to any activities.
- Review lesson completion badges and course completion settings to make sure they are set up correctly.
Please sign in to leave a comment.