There are various types of analytics on CN, some of which are available to both students and instructors, and some only available to instructors. These analytics include the Anar Progress Bar, Activites, Grades, Members, and Word Cloud Analytics.
Anar Seeds Progress Bar
This Anar seeds progress bar can be seen by all course members. It helps students see if they are on track with the Anar seeds goal set by their instructor and their relative position compared to other course members. The bar could be in one of these three colors: green, red or orange.
If the bar is red, the user is behind in terms of their current daily seeds goal.
If the bar is green, the user is on track in terms of their current daily seeds goal.
If the bar is orange, there is no Anar seeds goal set for the course. Students can compare themselves with the course average and the course Anar seeds champion.
The Anar Seeds Champion (the member with the most Anar seeds) will be shown at the end of the bar unless instructors choose to hide it.
Click on Analytics on the left-side menu to open Analytics page.
Reference the following numbers with the corresponding image below.
1. View and compare the course average to individual students' Course Visits, Anar Seeds, Posts, Reflections, and Ratings
2. Choose to view activities up to a certain date
3. Choose to view data by hour, day, week or month
4. Select an individual student to compare to the course average. *Students are only able to see a comparison between themselves and the course average.
Click on more analytics, underneath the Anar Progress Bar, and select Grades from the drop-down menu. Grades analytics can also be viewed by clicking on View Grades Analytics in the upper-right side of the GradeBook page.
Grade Analytics can be accessed by instructors and by students. However, Instructors may compare each student with the course average, whereas students can only compare themselves with the course average. Reference the following numbers with the corresponding image below.
1. Select a student to compare to the course average *Students will only see themselves and cannot change it.
2. Each GradeBook item will appear at the bottom
3. Choose to hide the course average from students by clicking "Hide from Students". *This option is only available to instructors. It can be modified anytime.
Click on more analytics, underneath the Anar Progress Bar, and select Members from the drop-down menu. Member Analytics can also be accessed from Roster on the left course menu.
While all course members may view the roster, only instructors are able to export it into a CSV file, award badges from the roster, combine courses, edit Anar Seeds Privacy Settings.
Members, also known as the Roster page, allows instructors to sort through students using a variety of parameters, such as Member Name or CN #, Posts, Reflections, Ratings, Last Visit, Badges, and Anar Seeds. Instructors can also click on the linked numbers to view all of a student's course posts, etc. Reference the following numbers with the corresponding image below.
1. Search course members by name or by CN #
2. Export into a CSV file for further analysis. *Only available to instructor roles.
3. Sort members by Posts, Reflections, Ratings, Last Visit, Badges, or Anar Seeds by clicking on the arrows next to each parameter.
Word Cloud Analytics
Click on more analytics, underneath the Anar Progress Bar, and select Activities from the drop-down menu. The Word Cloud Analytics use a Word Cloud graphic to visually present popular discussion topics emerging in course posts. The Word Cloud graphic is available to both instructors and students.