There a few things every CN user should know about their CN#
First, your CN number is unique to you and serves as your user ID. It is created by taking the first letter of your first name and the first letter of your last name, paired with a system-generated number. For example, Allie Wigginton's CN# is AW203
On CN, you can find your CN number in a few places:
1. On posts, Roster, ePortfolio, mini profile card, next to your name
2. On welcome and notification emails CN send you
Your CN# can be used for:
1. Visiting your ePortfolio's unique URL. To continue using Allie as an example, when she visits her ePortfolio, she types in www.thecn.com/AW203
2. When creating a post, you can type in someone's CN# to @ (or tag) them. For more information on this, visit our @ a CN user article.
3. Students or instructors may search other students by their CN# on course DropBox, GradeBook and Roster
4. instructors may invite an existing CN member to a course by typing in their CN#
5. Instructors can choose which students they would like to award badges to by searching their CN#
There are other uses of CN#. We encourage every CN user to remember their CN# and use it in ways that support their learning and communication.
Please sign in to leave a comment.