How to add CN Post to Sakai as an Administrator
Hint: to ensure best user experience, please kindly advise your users to use Google Chrome or Firefox browsers to access CN Post.
Step 1: Go to External Tools
Select External Tools from the Tool Menu in the Administration Workspace
Step 2: Access Available Tools
Click the “Tools Available in System” button. If any external tools have been configured and made available in your Sakai system, you will see them listed.
Step 3: Add LTI tool
Click Add LTI 1.1 Tool.
Step 4: Site ID
Enter the appropriate site ID in the Site Id field if you want the external tool to be available ONLY in that site. If you want the external tool to be available in all sites, be sure to leave this field blank.
Step 5: Name/Description
- Enter text into the Tool Title* field. When users access the tool in a site, this text displays at the top of the frame. It should say “CN Post”
- Enter text into the Button Text* field. When users access the tool in a site, they'll see this text in the Tool Menu. It should say “CN Post”
- Enter text into the “Description” field. This description will display to site owners when they select the tool via Site Info.
*Click “Allow” to let site owners edit this information.
Step 6: Status/Visibility
- For tool status, select “Enabled”
- For tool visibility, select “Visible"
Step 7: Launch Settings
- Enter the URL in the Launch URL* field. (URL: https://www.thecn.com/program/lti/course)
- Enter the LTI key in the Launch Key* field. (We will share this information with you separately, please do not share this confidential credential)
- Enter the LTI secret in the Launch Secret* field. (We will share this information with you separately, please do not share this confidential credential)
To specify a height for the tool frame in a site, enter a value (in pixels) in the “Frame Height” field. Click “Allow” to let site owners edit this value.
Step 8: Privacy Settings/Services
“Send User Names to External Tool” and “Send Email Addresses to External Tool” should both be checked
Step 9: Popup/Debug
Choose how the external solution displays when it launches.
- Click “Never launch in Popup” if you want it to display in a frame within the site.
- Click “Always launch in Popup” if you want it to display in a separate popup window or new browser tab/window.
- Click “Allow popup to be changed” to let site owners edit this setting.
Choose whether or not the debug data will display to site owners when CN Post launches. Click “Allow debug mode to be changed” to let site owners edit this setting.
Step 10: Save your work
Click the “Save” button. You will see the external tool listed with the other external tools available in the system.