Leveraging generative AI, CN now supports instructors in creating quizzes and question banks with AI-generated questions. This function aims to increase instructor's work efficiency and give them ideas for designing assessments. The AI-generated quiz quesitons can be added easily and modified like regular quiz questions during the quiz/question bank creation process.
Create a Quiz
To begin, visit the Quizzes tool from the left course menu.
On the Quizzes page, for your specific need, you may create a new quiz, manage question banks (to create a new question bank or edit an existing one), or edit an existing quiz.
Adding AI Questions
On the edit quiz/question bank page, you will see a purple button, "Generate AI Questions", in the bottom-left. Click it to open the settings popup.
After you click it, the Generate Question with AI form will open. Required fields are marked with a red asterisk.
- Question Type: If the question(s) will be Multiple Choice or True/False
- Topics: The topics the questions will be about
- Learning Objectives: The learning outcomes that the questions will measure
- Grade level: The education level the questions should be geared towards
- Difficulty: The difficulty level of the questions, from Very Easy to Very Difficult
- Number of Questions: Up to 5
- Point Value per Question: How many points each correct answer will account for (can be adjusted after the questions are generated)
- [Checkbox] Include AI generated feedback: Automatically generated feedback for each option (can be reviewed and modified after the questions are generated)
Here is an example of a filled-out form:
After you are finished with the form, click "Generate Questions" to begin loading the AI quiz questions. This might take 10 seconds or longer. You may switch to another tab and check back later.
Once the questions are added, each is marked with an "AI Generated" purple label. Please make sure to click the edit icon to check each question and option for accuracy; AI is not always correct!
You may also delete and sort questions from this interface.
When editing a question, you can revise the question, options, and feedback.
After you have reviewed each question and are satisfied, click the Done button to save the quiz/ question bank.
When you are ready for students to access the quiz, make sure to publish the quiz (if there is not already an automatic publication date).