1. Encourage career development programs, First-Year Seminar courses and capstone courses to use CN ePortfolio, or make building ePortfolio a required learning activity in these programs and courses.
2. Encourage instructors to make ePortfolio a course learning activity. For example, instructors may ask students to create a folder or Showcase on their ePortfolio to document course deliverables and reflect on learning experiences. This activity will be counted towards course grade or bonus points.
3. Encourage instructors to use CN Post (the course-level LTI tool) to engage students in ePortfolio related discussion, sharing ePortfolio examples, tutorials, explaining ePortfolio assignments, etc. If they like CN Post, they may use it as an alternative course discussion tool. Student's posts created through CN Post can be shown on their public ePortfolio.
4. Institution admins may add an institution logo and a cover image for all institution members. The logo will be certified. Institution members can customize the cover image if they want to.
5. Institution admins may create and award students institution-level badges, such as Dean's List, Graduation with Honors, Community Service badge, Course Completion badge, etc. Encourage course instructors to give students badges as learning incentives. Both institution-level and course-level badges will be automatically certified and display on user ePortfolio.
6. Award students certificates from CN Channel. Institution admins can upload existing certificates in PDF format or create electronic certificates using a template provided by the system. These certificates will be automatically certified and displayed on user ePortfolio.
7. Institution admins may upload students' e-transcript to their ePortfolio. The transcript will be automatically certified. Students can then share their transcript with potential employers or school admission officers (by simply sharing the URL of the transcript file).
8. Institution admins may create predefined Showcases on members' ePortfolio and give students guidelines to complete these Showcases. These Showcases can be created based on educational outcomes or competencies students are expected to develop. For example, create a "Community Services" section to ask students to document and reflect on their community service experiences. Another section can be "Communication Skills" and ask students to upload evidence such as writing samples and video recordings to showcase their communication skills. Assessors can be assigned to each predefined section to evaluate students' learning outcomes and competencies. Please read this article for steps to do so: https://support.